Last Updated: June 18, 2021
By using our Services, you agree to the privacy practices described in this Policy. If you do not agree with this Policy, please stop using our Services.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information we collect from you varies depending on the way you use our Services. When you simply browse our public website as a consumer ("Consumer") to explore our Services or to learn more about us, the information we collect and use is different from the information we collect if you become a Crstl business user ("Business User") and purchase and/or license one of our products or services. Below, we describe the different ways we might collect information from you.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us.
For example, when you use our services as a Consumer, if you contact us for more information about our company, or otherwise communicate with us to learn more about our products and services, we collect personal information, which may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number
If you become a Business User, we collect certain personal information from you and/or your authorized users in order to facilitate our business relationship with you and provide you our products and services (collectively, "Business Personal Information"). Business Personal Information we may collect from you and/or your authorized users includes
- Business Name
- Job Title
- Email address associated with your business
- Postal and billing address
- Phone number
- Account login ID and password, chosen by you
We also collect information a Business User chooses to provide relating to its customers or individuals that it serves ("Business Customer"). Business Users must provide their Business Customers any required notices and collect any necessary consents before providing or disclosing any such information (collectively "Business Customer Information") to us. Crstl does not directly collect or control Business Customer Information, but rather Business Users determine what Business Customer Information they collect from their Business Customers, and to the extent Crstl receives that information, we do so on behalf of our Business Users.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use our Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect information related to your access to and use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Similar Tracking Technologies: We (and those that perform work for us) may use different technologies, including cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies to collect information about you and your interaction with our Services, including information about your browsing behavior. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Web beacons (also known as "pixel tags" or "clear GIFs") are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, see Your Choices below.
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources, such as from third parties from whom you direct us to obtain data in connection with your use of our Services.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences from you based on the information we (or those that perform work for us) collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address.
Aggregated or De-identified Information
Aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify an individual is not considered personal information. We do not limit the ways we use or share aggregated or de-identified information or information we aggregate or de-identify collected through our Site or Services, and we do not limit our third-party providers from using, selling, licensing, distributing, or disclosing aggregated or de-identified information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect from or about you in various ways, including to provide, maintain, and improve the Services. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide our Services to you, and to understand your preferences to enhance your experience using our Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and customer service requests;
- Communicate with you about products, services, events, and opportunities offered by us and others and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Crstl and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- In connection with research and development activities;
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, or industry requirements, or respond to subpoenas or government requests;
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected; and
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provided consent.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that perform work for us, including web hosting, analytics, customer service and email services;
- With third parties whom you direct us to interact with as part of your use of our Services;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Crstl or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Crstl and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
Browser Do Not Track
Our Site does not support Do Not Track (DNT) at this time. DNT is a privacy preference you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your web page visits tracked and collected across websites. For more details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Crstl is based in the United States, and we offer our goods and services only to individuals and businesses in the United States. However, we process and store information in the U.S. and other jurisdictions. Therefore, we and those that perform work for us may transfer your information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Access and Choices about Your Information
You may access, update, and correct certain account information at any time by logging into your account. If you wish to delete your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for our legitimate business purposes. If you do not have an account with us, you can access information we may have about you by contacting us at email@example.com.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Links to other Websites and Services
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites or services linked to or from the Site or Services, including the information or content contained in such websites or services, and this Policy does not apply to them. Your browsing and interaction on any third-party website or service, including those that have a link on or to our Site or Services, are subject to that third party’s own rules and privacy policies. Please read the terms of such websites and applications carefully and exercise care when providing your personal information.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Crstl Technologies, Inc.
San Francisco, CA